Who we are, what we do, and what you get by joining
The California School Library Association is an organization of teacher librarians, classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, district and county coordinators of curriculum, media and technology, and others committed to enriching student learning by building a better future for school libraries. There are eight types of membership.
You Get Colleagues
- You join an organization of nearly 1,300 members, all facing the same challenges you do.
- CALIBK12, the official Internet Discussion Group of CSLA, a way for you to ask questions and get answers.
- Timely updates from our Sacramento lobbyist with information about legislative activities affecting school libraries.
You Get Professional Development
- Annual Conference held in November with more than 100 sessions and workshops by practicing librarians and authors, a place to share ideas with other librarians and to see the products and services of more than 175 exhibitors, from books to media to information technology.
- Several regional workshops each year on practical and focused topics, both in the north and in the south.
Publications included with membership:
Who we are and what we do
The California School Library Association is an organization of teacher librarians, classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, district and county coordinators of curriculum, media and technology, and others committed to enriching student learning by building a better future for school libraries.
The association encourages professional growth, provides avenues for sharing common concerns, represents the interests of school libraries to the Legislature and the California Department of Education, and enables members to serve the educational needs of the multiculturally diverse students of California.
What are the benefits of membership?
- You acquire a network of colleagues across California who share your interests and enthusiasm.
- You develop channels of communication and support through professional relationships made and renewed at workshops and conferences.
- You receive discounts on registration for workshops and conferences.
- You keep abreast of the latest developments in media, technology, curriculum and instruction:
We’re pleased to announce a new CSLA Member Benefit from our friends at Shmoop! If you are not familiar with Shmoop and their cool educational tools – you’ll soon find out! Stay tuned…
The Big Deal Book of Technology
This electronic newsletter is brought to you as a complimentary CSLA member benefit.
The Big Deal Book has as its mission to save every educator time and money while identifying top-quality resources for schools and classrooms.
What you can do for the California School Library Association
- Serve on committees and elective boards and participate in regional meetings and state conferences.
- Publish articles and announcements in the Journal and Newsletter.
- Visit legislators during Day in the District.