6444 E. Spring Street, #237
Long Beach CA 90815-1553
The Foundation’s purpose is to:
- offer state and regional scholarships and grants to encourage professional growth and support library services in educational settings, and
- carry on other charitable and educational activities associated with this goal.
- form Partnerships with Library and Educational Associations, Booksellers, and other groups who share our interests in promoting Digital and Information Literacy.
What we do
Most recently, the CSLF has:
- funded several CSLA scholarships and awards
- funded (through Demco) the CSLA President’s Award
- funded (through Mackin) the CSLA Technology Award
- sponsored the CSLA conference Leadership Day
- partnered with ComCast and Verizon to give digital citizenship training to parents and students
- developed scholarships for high school students supporting school libraries (Gale-sponsored)
- created free downloadable bookmarks – with special thanks to children’s book illustrators
CSLA and CSLF developed the California Campaign for Strong School Libraries. This outreach campaign was designed to raise awareness about the importance of strong school libraries for our children.
Ways to Give
Donations to the Foundation funds projects that support California school library services.
You may target your donation for a specific project or for general support.
You will receive an email donation receipt for your tax records.
- Donate by check.
- Buy products at the Library Advocacy Store: Click here.
- Donate to the Remembrance, Tribute and Planned Giving Fund Cick here for members, friends, and families to donate to the Foundation in honor of an individual or occasion: Click here.
- Volunteer to help by joining CSLA: Click here.