CSLA 2012 Annual Conference
Call for Proposals Information
California School Library Association (CSLA) invites school library staff and supporters from all segments of the profession and all parts of the state to come to San Jose November 16-19, 2012 to learn, network, and enjoy.
We will achieve our conference goal, to build and further a vibrant school library community, by bringing together interested practitioners and others with responsibility or interest in school libraries and librarianship. The conference provides a mix of invited speakers and submitted ideas for sessions through this call for proposals. A variety of breakout sessions, workshops, and panel discussions will stimulate our members in the important areas of school leadership and library transformation, as well as provide workable ideas for effective, practical and sustainable school library programs.
Please review this document for conference strands.
Procedures for submitting a concurrent session proposal:
- Submit your proposal through our Google Form. If you are submitting proposals for multiple sessions, please fill out a form for each.
- Communicate the content of the program clearly in your session title.
- Concurrent sessions are 45 minutes in length (although worthy sessions that need more time may be considered for 90 minutes, and will be listed in the program as Part I and Part II).
- Spell out abbreviations or acronyms for institutions, school names, job titles, or cities.
- The proposal deadline has been extended to April 30, 2012. Please submit your proposals now!
All submitters will be notified of the status of their proposal(s) on or about May 30, 2012.
Content of Submission
Please be as complete and grammatically accurate as possible when entering presentation title, description, and presenter’s biographical information. The Conference Committee appreciates your dedication to completeness and accuracy.
Make sure to state your AV needs accurately. Please request Internet access for interactive sessions only. If you want to show just a handful of sites, plan to use screen shots. Room assignments are based on AV needs and last-minute AV requests are not possible.
CSLA concurrent sessions are to remain free of commercial influence. Commercial presentations are available to exhibitors on Saturday, November 17, 2012. Please check our vendor prospectus and contact Peter Doering, Vendors Chair, at (408) 453-6670 or email@example.com, with any questions.
CSLA communicates via email directed to the primary presenter. Primary presenters will be responsible for communicating information from CSLA to additional presenters, if any. Valid email addresses are required for all presenters.
Review and Acceptance Process
Proposals will be evaluated based on their potential interest to conference attendees, contribution to the body of knowledge associated with school library services, and their clarity of organization and expression. Program balance, AV and Internet needs, and room space may also be a factor in proposal selection. All submitters will be notified of the status of their proposal(s) on or about May 30, 2012.
- Before you begin the concurrent session proposal process, review the conference strands to determine which stand(s) fit your presentation best.
- Have the following information available:
- Name and title of all presenters
- Contact information including valid email address for primary presenter and any additional presenters
- Presenter qualifications
- Session title
- Session summary
- Complete the concurrent session proposal process all at once as there will be no future chance to edit or update it. It may be helpful to prepare your information in a Word document, then copy the details into the proposal form.
April 30, 2012 | Deadline for submitting proposals
May 30, 2012 | Approximate date when notification will be sent to submitters of proposals
November 16-19, 2012 | Annual Conference & Exhibition in San Jose, CA
Individuals who are active or past practitioners in a California school library must be CSLA members or agree to join CSLA within two weeks of their presentation being accepted to receive a speaker’s discount. CSLA presenters will receive one $75.00 discount on registration fees regardless of the number of sessions presented. In the case of multiple presenters, the primary presenter receives the $75.00 discount.
The Call for Proposal deadline has now passed. We will inform submitters as soon as possible.