CSLA panel presents . . .
“Find the Commons in Common Core for Your Schools”
On December 7, 2013, CSLA was represented at the California School Boards Association Conference by several of our members in a panel presentation, “Find the Commons in Common Core for Your Schools,” which demonstrated how the library can be the “Commons” that supports students and faculty as they transition to Common Core curriculum. Panelists included:
- John McGinnis, Board Member, Long Beach USD
- Rick Phelan, Program Director, Technology for Learning, Sonoma County COE
- Doug Achterman, Head Librarian, Gavilan College
- Connie Williams, Teacher Librarian, Petaluma High School
- Barbara Jeffus, School Library Consultant, California Department of Education
Here is a link to a Dropbox folder with the PowerPoint presentation as a separate file.
The presentation offers excellent content for school library advocacy with local school boards.
Thanks to all the panel members for presenting and to Karen Morgenstern and her son for videotaping.