Call for Proposals
California School Library Association (CSLA) invites school library staff and supporters from all segments of the profession and all parts of the state to come to the Tenaya Lodge, February 1 – 4, 2018, to learn, network, and enjoy. We will achieve our conference goal, to build and foster a diverse school library community, by bringing together interested practitioners and others with responsibility or interest in school libraries and librarianship.
The conference provides a mix of invited speakers and submitted ideas for sessions through this call for proposals. A variety of breakout sessions, workshops, and panel discussions will help our members gain expertise in the important areas of school leadership and library transformation, as well as provide workable ideas for effective, practical and sustainable school library programs.
Information about submitting a concurrent session proposal
- Submissions are accepted through our Google Form. If you are submitting proposals for multiple sessions, please fill out a separate form for each.
- Session titles should communicate clearly the content of the program.
- Concurrent sessions are 60 minutes.
- Spell out abbreviations or acronyms for institutions, school names, job titles, or cities.
- The proposal deadline is 11:59 pm on August 31, 2017. All submitters will be notified of the status of their proposal(s) in mid September.
- Complete the concurrent session proposal process all at once as there will be no future chance to edit or update it. It may be helpful to prepare your information in a Word document, then copy the details into the proposal form.
Free wireless Internet access is available in all guest rooms and conference areas.
CSLA concurrent sessions are to remain free of commercial influence. Commercial presentations are available to exhibitors on Saturday, February 3, 2018. Please check our Exhibitor page and Exhibitor Prospectus, and contact Mark Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org , 909-792-7154, with any questions.
(Authors should not complete the call for proposal form). Authors completed the Author Proposal form. The author proposal deadline was August 1, 2017, and is now closed. For author questions, contact Virginia Loh-Hagan virginialoh
CSLA communicates via email with the primary presenter. Primary presenters will be responsible for communicating information from CSLA to any additional presenters. Please provide summer contact information as acceptances and further communication will occur during summer break.
Review and Acceptance Process
Proposals will be evaluated based on their potential interest to conference attendees, contribution to the body of knowledge associated with school library services, and their clarity of organization and expression. Program balance, and room space may also be a factor in proposal selection. Submitters will be notified of the status of their proposal(s) in mid-late September.
CSLA presenters will receive one $100 discount on registration fees regardless of the number of sessions presented. In the case of multiple presenters, the primary presenter receives the $100 discount. Individuals who are active or past practitioners in a California school library must be a current CSLA member through the conference date or agree to join CSLA within two weeks of their presentation being accepted to receive a speaker’s discount.
- Before beginning the concurrent session proposal process, review the conference strands to determine which strand(s) fit your presentation best. Our strands this year are:
- Literature, writing, and reading
- SS-STEAM social studies, science, technology, engineering, arts & math
- Leadership & Advocacy
- Library Program Management and Assessment
- Educational Trends & Standards
- Going Digital eBooks, BYOD, Social Media
- Creativity & Innovation
- Serving Diverse Communities
- We recommend having the following information available:
- Name and title of all presenters
- Contact information including valid email addresses
- Presenter qualifications (3rd person narrative, please)
- Session title
- Session summary
If you have questions about the submission process, please contact Kimberlee Thorson email@example.com
Click here to proceed to the Call for Proposals form: http://bit.ly/concurrent2018